Neck Pain exercises for reducing your neck pain
Pain in the neck or stiffness in the neck is very common and are usually not something to worry about. The pain normally gets better after a few days but sometimes it gets worse and more severe. It can get really painful and uncomfortable. There are different Neck Pain exercises a chiropractic expert would recommend to get rid of the neck pain. These exercises can help you ease the pain and help you recover from the stiffness of the neck.
- Tilt you head downwards towards one side of the shoulder. It will slightly tense the muscles of your neck. Keep your neck at the particular side of the shoulder for 4 to 5 seconds then straighten up your head. Repeat the same step on the other side of the neck. Repeat the procedure for a few times regularly.
- Tilt your head vertically downwards placing your chin on your chest. It will tense the muscles of your neck to some extent. Keep your head resting downwards for 4 to 5 seconds then return your head to normal position. Repeat the procedure several times regularly.
- Another effective exercise to ease the neck pain is to keep your body straight while pushing your chin forward by stretching your throat. It will gently tense the muscles of your neck. Hold your neck there for 4 to 5 seconds and then return to the normal position. Repeat the procedure time after time regularly.
- Keep your arms straight and pull your shoulders upwards towards the ears like a shrug. Hold for a second and then loosen up. Repeat the movement again and again several times.This is among the Neck Pain exercisesthat are highly effective.
- Lean towards the floor by bending forward in such a position that your chest leans opposite to the floor. Pull your shoulders upwards towards the ears. Hold for a second and again loosen up. Do the exercise repeatedly.
- You can also try weight lifting. Hold the weight with your palms placed in front of your thighs. Then pull the weight up close to the collarbone in such a way that your elbows bend out to the sides.
- You can also try the isometric Neck Pain exercises. In this exercise, you have to put right hand on the right side of the head and then press your head firmly against it. The muscles of your neck will gently tighten up. Don’t forget to repeat the procedure. Then do the same procedure with your left hand at the left side of your head. Then put your hands on your forehead and apply effort with your hands on thehead and at the same time apply effort with your head on your hands. Then put your hands at the back of your neck and do the same procedure. Do the exercise for just a few seconds on every side of your head.