A complete guide to Back Pain exercises
Back pain is a major cause of discomfort among people who work in any office. The main reason for this issue is that people have to sit for longer periods of time which cause their muscles to ache and become stiff. Back pain is a common problem which causes people a lot of medical expenses every year. If you want to get rid of back pain, you must start an exercise routine. A lot of back pain exercises are recommended by physiotherapists and doctors for those people who have a continuous pain in their backs. Some of these exercises are best for lower back pain whereas some of these are especially considered for reducing the upper back pain. You can start any of these exercises to strengthen your back muscles and to mobilize your joints.
There are a lot of benefits of back pain exercises and you can recover from the back pain if you consider exercising for 20-30 minutes every day. Although every person is different so requirements of each patient are also not the same but most of the people get benefits from these exercises. Have a look at some of the common and most popular exercises which can help you reduce pain in your back.
The first exercise that you must start from today is wall squats. You will use your abdominal muscles to perform this exercise for your back pain. Here are the steps involved;
- Stand against a straight wall inside your house where you feel comfortable.
- Use your both feet to walk but try to keep your back against the wall.
- Go to you maximum limit like this and bend your knees gradually.
- During the exercise, keep your stomach tight and tucked inside your body.
- Walk your feet back towards the wall and straight your knees while you go back to your previous position.
- It is best to repeat these types of back pain exercises from 5 to 10 times a day, depending on your ability to perform.
The next exercise of ankle pumps is very easy and you can even do it while lying in your bed. Have a look at the following steps;
- Lay on a firm surface and straight your legs.
- Try to grab your ankles with your hands and stretch your back
- Keep on stretching till you have reached your maximum limit.
- This exercise is to strengthen your back and to stretch your cervical spine for extra flexibility.
Another exercise that is very common among people who have back pain problem is that of abdominal contraction. You need to follow these simple steps;
- Lie on a flat surface and relax for few seconds.
- Bend your knees and place your hands below your ribs.
- Don’t forget to tuck your stomach inside and make it tight.
- Keep breathing slowly but stop for 5 second intervals during the exercise.
- This exercise must be done with a repetition of 5 to 10 times.
- It is best to treat your back pain by stretching your abdominal muscles.